The Developmental Disabilities Awareness Day Committee will soon be accepting nominations for the 32nd annual award ceremony. The nomination form will be found here:
This year the awards will be given in five categories:
- FAMILY/CAREGIVER/ADVOCATE: A parent, guardian, family member, or advocate who has played a
significant role in enhancing the life of an individual with a developmental disability.
- SERVICE PROVIDER: An employee, volunteer, or other professional service provider who has
actively and successfully worked to develop or access programs or services that help individuals
move forward in their lives.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD: An individual or group working in the community that has gone the “extra mile” to help enrich the lives of people with developmental disabilities. **Particular media recognition would fall under this category, whether an individual reporter or a publication**
- PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT: A person with a developmental disability who is not a professional or service provider who has made successful strides towards greater independence and has helped other individuals to do the same.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT: A professional who has dedicated their career to enhancing the
lives of individuals with a disability.
Thank you for participating!!